The current market was opened in 1860 with it's iron and glass roof which still remains today but unfortunately out of site at this present time.
The market suffered a fire in 1922.
It was reopened in 1925 and the interior was reconstructed and may have had much same lay out we see it today.
The suspended ceiling was added some time in the 1980's and has not always met with the approval of Herefordian's.The market is due for refurbishment again in 2012 and it would be good if some of the original features were to be seen again.
Please feel free to add any comments here or on our Facebook page.